18.7.12

nutella chip cookies.

I am not a cookie person. I cannot recall a time I gobbled up a whole can or bag of cookies.

I am more of a cake-and-icing person. I just don’t find cookies attractive… That’s just for me. Whenever I go to a coffee or pastry shop, the first thing that calls my attention would be the beautifully iced cakes and cupcakes. Cookies? Hmm, they’re rarely decorated that way.

But then, not being a fan would not stop me from baking them. I can always give them away to friends as gifts, right?

That’s exactly what I did last week. And these cookies didn’t disappoint.

I baked around 3 dozen Nutella Chip Cookies and gave them to my friends when we met up for dinner.

I liked them – they were chewy with a hint of Nutella and they baked up beautifully. I used a small cookie scoop (about 1-inch) and as they were cooling, they spread to about 3 inches.

I’ll try subbing the semisweet chocolate chips with white chocolate chips the next time I bake them.

nutella

Photo from Instagram

Nutella Chip Cookies
Adapted from Love and Olive Oil

½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.

Cream butter until smooth, about 1-2 minutes with an electric hand mixer. Add in both sugars. Beat on high speed about 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed.

With the mixer on low, add the egg and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute then add Nutella and mix until combined.

Slowly add dry flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed to medium and mix just until the dough is smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Fold in chocolate chips.

Using a small ice cream scoop, form the dough into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake 6-7 minutes or until set.

Let cookies cool on baking sheet, about 5 to 10 minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.

Best served with milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment