31.1.11

on writing...

I have always loved words and everything that has to do with them. My current dilemma now is that, to my horror... My writing is becoming rusty.

I remember wanting to become a journalist some ten years ago. I wanted to be like Loren Legarda - be on television, deliver the news where it mattered.

When I was in grade school, I always joined our school's Festival of Words, and always fighting for the chance to bag one of the roles for News Casting.

When I was in high school, I joined our school paper writing for a DevComm column. I was also the school's representative to various Spelling Bee competitions. I was always in the school library days before the competition, burying my head in ginormous dictionaries. Yes, I was a geek in my past life.

In college, I wanted to take up Journalism or even Broadcast Communication, but as fate would have it, I was accepted for the Speech Communication program of the College of Arts and Letters of the University of the Philippines in Diliman.

Truth be told, I didn't really want to study in UP. I mean, I wanted to, but when I received the acceptance letter, I no longer wanted to.

My love for words and writing has never wavered, except that I was never fond of academic writing, except for papers for my Psychology and Theater classes.

I've started blogging since I was in second year college - that's almost 8 years ago. I used to write a lot, I even kept a journal.

That's all in the past. Fast forward to now, the present --

Where has my writing gone? It's as if someone or something stole my magic.

No, it's not just my writing... Even my reading. I have quite a few books that are still left untouched, collecting cobwebs, begging me to read or at least flip through them.

They're still there, I'm still here, and my thoughts are all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment