25.1.12

Magnolia Bakery’s Lemon Vanilla Bundt Cake

Magnolia Bakery.

The name makes me giddy. If I get to go to New York in this lifetime, I will definitely go to one of their branches. It resembles Breakfast at Tiffany’s for me, it’s just that instead of dreaming of jewelry, I always dream of cupcakes.

My cupcakes would never be at par with Magnolia Bakery. Not even close to Georgetown Cupcake or even Sprinkles Cupcakes. I haven’t tasted any of these cupcakes but they definitely make my heart melt.

One of my goals is to make cupcakes as cute as theirs. And of course, recreate any of their cakes.

I’ve had two lemons sitting in my fridge for uhm, almost a month? I was supposed to make lemon meringue tart for a friend, but it never materialized. Hee.

So what to do with these aged lemons?

Magnolia Bakery’s lemon vanilla bundt cake it is. Mini bundt cake, I mean.

DSCF4595

It’s one of the best and simplest cakes I’ve made to date. The hint of lemon isn’t too overpowering but it did make a difference. I didn’t make any glaze or frosting to go with it, but it was already good on its own.

I’ll definitely make this again. And again. ;)


Magnolia Bakery's Lemon Vanilla Bundt Cake
Adapted from Cake Central
3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2  cups all-purpose flour
6 tbsp club soda (not seltzer), I used 7-Up
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3/4 tablespoons grated lemon zest
Juice of one lemon, my own addition 
Preheat oven to 350F. 
Grease and lightly flour a 6-cup mini bundt pan or a cupcake pan, if you wish. 
In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes. 
Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. 
Add the flour in thirds, alternating with the 7-Up, beating after each addition until smooth. 
Add the vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix well. 
Pour the batter into a piping bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe batter into prepared pan up to about 2/3 full. 
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown or a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. 
Let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
DSCF4596

4 comments:

  1. What have I got to say? Share your yummy bundt cake with me!!! Haha. :D Barbs, I dream of grabbing DC or Sprinkles cupcakes! Let's go there together (ambisyosa) please! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Czar! You want? I can make some for you ;) hehehe

      Let's plan on achieving that goal! I wanna experience the "American Dream" lol

      Delete
  2. Anonymous29/2/12 08:08

    Hi! I just want to ask where i could find a mini bundt pan in the Philippines. I hope you could help me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous!

      I got my silicone mini bundt pan from Landmark, TriNoMa. :)

      Hope that helps!

      Delete