11.1.12

vegan chocolate chip cookies.

Would you like some healthy chocolate chip cookies?

DSCF4494.JPG


Something without butter and eggs? Yes, you read that right.

I couldn’t believe I just made cookies without butter and eggs. Can that really happen?

I think so… The cookies came out so wonderfully puffy! And very delicious, too! You wouldn’t know it’s vegan. And that it doesn’t have the goodness of butter and eggs.

The best thing about this? You can eat 3, 4, 5, or even a dozen without feeling guilty.

Yes, you can gorge on them all you want.

I’d have to thank my friend C for tweeting about Alessa’s blog yesterday. The next thing I knew, I couldn’t wait to go home and make me some of these yummy nibblers.


Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Life After Breakfast 
1 cup unbleached flour, I used all-purpose
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips,  I used Callebaut Hardbake Chips
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 cup water 
Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. 
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. 
In another bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, vanilla and water. Mix until combined. 
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in wet ingredients. Mix just until combined. 
Roll cookie dough into balls, or like me, use a small ice cream scooper to make uniform sizes. 
Place cookie dough balls into prepared cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten tops of the cookie. 

DSCF4487Flatten ‘em some more… Believe me, this ain’t enough. ;) 
  
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack. 
Enjoy with a glass of milk!

DSCF4491

No comments:

Post a Comment