7.10.11

Week 2 of 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies: Marble Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies

I have (once again) joined a weekly blog round-up. This time it’s for Twelve Weeks of Christmas Cookies hosted by Brenda. The blog hop started last week, that’s why the title says “Week 2” even though it’s technically my first week. Heh.

But I’m still late. This should have been posted yesterday.

Enough with the explanations. Let’s get down to business.

I’ve been thinking hard and long of what to post for this week’s cookie or sweet… I’ve baked a couple of chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, double fudge Oreo crunch cookies, and cupcakes this week. But I can’t post all of them cos I’ve already blogged about them. And besides, I think I’m just cheating myself if I go that way. Buuuut… I didn’t have enough time to whip up (or experiment?) a new recipe – I’ve lots that I want to try!

When I woke up today, I still had that question in my mind - "What do I post? It's already Friday!"

Then... A light bulb struck me -- I still had two separate cookie dough sitting in my fridge. Chocolate chip and double fudge Oreo cookies, Hmm. Why don't I combine them to make one awesome cookie?

Why not?!

It's ultimate chocolate indulgence. If you hop on over to the recipes, you'd notice each cookie recipe already has more than its fair share of chocolate. Cocoa powder, Oreo cookies, almost more than 3 cups of chocolate chips...

Mix them together -- that's too much chocolate!

But one can never have too much chocolate, right?
 
DSCF3771

I didn’t know what to call them until I started writing this post… but after looking at the photo above, I think it fits.
12-weeks-of-christmas-graphic-300x203
Marble Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies 
For the Double Fudge Oreo Crunch Cookie base
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup crushed Oreo cookies 
Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, mix until combined. 
Fold in chocolate chips and crushed Oreos. 
Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours (or more). 
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie base
2 cups + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. 
In a medium bowl, cream together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.  
Mix in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and  beat until light and creamy. Add in flour mixture until just blended. 
Stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon. 
Chill the dough for at least an hour.  
Assembly and Baking
When ready to bake, take out the two cookie dough.  Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
Scoop about one teaspoon of double fudge Oreo cookie dough then stuff the scooper with the chocolate chip cookie dough. You can also do it the other way around. What we want is both cookie dough to be rolled into one ball. You can also scoop bigger sizes. 
If you're baking small cookies, bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are set. If you're baking bigger cookies, bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. 
Best enjoyed with a glass of milk.
DSCF3767
DSCF3768  DSCF3766

Be sure to visit all the other bloggers shown below to see what they’ve baked up today yesterday!



2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Cookies are looking so Delicious in pics...Thanks for the recipe of chocolate chip cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top 10 Lists: Thank you for dropping by and for the lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete