21.10.11

homemade peanut butter.

Nothing beats anything homemade.

Homemade cakes, pastries, chocolate… they’re my guilty pleasure. I am always on the lookout for appetizing recipes online. This blog breathes everything I whip up in my own kitchen.

For the past three or four months, I have been enjoying peanut butter I made myself. My kitchen addiction has completely taken a whole new level. Haha.

I’ve been trying to make peanut butter since last year, but for some reason I was only successful a few months back.

It’s really easy. It just takes less than 30 minutes, start to finish. Sounds easy, right?

DSCF3549

Homemade Peanut Butter 
2 cups peanuts, roasted until golden brown
4-6 tbsp oil
3-4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt 
Using a food processor or blender, grind/pulse peanuts and sugar until it forms a paste. You can do this in batches. I used a blender and I did it in batches, and had to pulse very carefully to prevent the motor from overheating. 
Once the peanuts begin to form a paste, add oil in steady drip while the processor is running. You can start with 2-3 tbsp at a time. You can add more oil if it's too thick or not yet creamy. 
Season with salt and more sugar to suit your taste.
DSCF3777DSCF3778DSCF3779  
 
 
 
 
 
 


DSCF3547

No comments:

Post a Comment