20.10.11

baked red velvet cake doughnuts.

I have been searching high and low for a non-yeast doughnut recipe. I have tried a couple and they never turn out the way they should be. It’s so frustrating. Really.

Over the past few days, I have tried to great recipes. I made my first successful batch non-yeast [plain] doughnuts over the weekend. They turned out very very well when fried. I tried baking them, they were still good… but it looked and felt like bread! I was still happy, though. The only problem I encountered is that I DID NOT TAKE ANY PICTURES. Bummer! [Must make another batch soon.]

So let me tell you about another doughnut recipe. Better than the first successful batch. They were cake-like. With chocolate. And it’s red velvet!

How cool is that?

Mighty cool, yeah.

Let the photos do the talking…

DSCF3958

 DSCF3955 DSCF3956 DSCF3953

I got the recipe from Jessica, who always, always, always comes up with great stuff. I never had any “epic fail” moments with her recipes.

Sorry for the blurry photos, I was kind of in a hurry. I couldn’t wait to eat them… I saved the glaze for another day, they were great on their own. And what can you say about my stylish doughnut pan? Pretty cool, huh? I got it from Landmark Department Store for only Php 179.00 ($4.20). It’s made of silicone, pretty easy to use – no buttering or greasing needed. I just forgot to remove them earlier, so these lovelies
got kinda stuck.. hence, the crumbs.

I also tried making some red velvet cupcakes from the leftover batter and they were gorgeous! Two goodies from one recipe – I’m really sold! I guess they’re really great, they were finished within the hour I came in at work. So I’m left with no more doughnuts. Gotta make some more when I get home. Hee.

2011-10-19 22.13.03 Red Velvet Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream and a half-eaten doughnut

Want the recipe? Head over to Jessica’s site!

No comments:

Post a Comment