8.3.11

mocha chocolate chip cookies.

As always, last week I have been fussing over what to bake on the weekend. I already have three notebooks filled with printed recipes (I'm cheap like that, haha). I also have a copy of Yummy's Bake, Give, Sell! cookbook. I was confused over what to pick, maybe cos I just have too much recipes already. Haha.

I wanted to make cupcakes again, but since I already made chocolate banana cupcakes and black bottom cupcakes last week, I decided to try something else. Brownies? Nah. I made cookies this time.

I asked an avid fan (LOL) what he wanted - chocolate jumbles, chocolate chip Oreo cookies, or mocha chocolate chip cookies. If I had my way, I'd go with the Oreos, but what's the point of asking if I'm not going to follow the suggestion? Yeah, you guessed it, I made mocha chocolate chip cookies.



It's such an easy recipe, I tell you. It's just adding a little twist to the quintessential chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Adapted from Lovin' from the Oven:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2  teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, cut into chunks
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips

Whisk the flour, coffee, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.

Cream the butter in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and beat for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat for another 30 seconds. Add egg and vanilla, beat until blended.

Turn mixer speed down and add flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly blended in.

Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for a few hours, I chilled mine overnight.

Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop or two spoons, scoop out dough onto baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Cool on wire rack.



I really love how the cookies turned out - evenly sized, chewy with a hint of melted chocolate. They're best enjoyed with coffee or milk -- I did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment