5.2.11

how about a do-over?

If you're given a change to have a do-over, what part of your life would you change?

I have been thinking about that question lately. I was thinking about this specifically:

If I had the chance to take a different course, would I still choose Speech Communication or something else?

Discounting skills, knowledge, and well, interest... I think I'd take Geology or Marine Science. Now this setup would work in a perfect world. Why, you ask? Cos of one thing: I hate Math, numbers. I cannot stand any class involving numbers and computations. Seriously. I cannot even remember how I survived high school! I don't remember even the most basic of formulas, except of course for the simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. And I cannot do simple computations without pen and paper. I can do mental Math when it only involves hmm, 2-digit numbers?

Yeah, I am such a wuss when it comes to numbers. But since we're talking about the "perfect world," anything can happen, right?

So yes, I'd take up Geology or Marine Science in another lifetime. Why? I cannot begin to explain and describe how much of the earth I'd be able to see and experience! While it may not be all about the good and beautiful things, wouldn't it be nice to be able to help in improving the world we live in? Oh, the joys of being able to travel for work and work for travel. I know people who have taken this course in college, and looking at where they are now... They've gone places. They gained scholarships abroad. They've traveled the world!

Like what I've said in my previous entries, I didn't really want to take up Speech. I didn't have any other choice. It chose me. While I don't have any regrets, I just wish we were given more classes to choose from, more Speech electives to take, and be really be a "master" of Speech.

Not just a Jill of all trades and a master of none.


...to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment