16.4.11

easy eggless white chocolate banana cupcake.

I woke up late tonight. I kept on pressing the snooze button on my phones, and before I knew it, it was already past 7 in the evening. I should’ve woken up at 5 pm to give me enough time to prepare what I needed to bring to the office. So instead of having 4 full hours to prepare, I was left with two. Good job, me.

What was I planning to prepare, anyway? I had an order for macaroons and had to prepare spinach pesto pasta for lunch at work. Aside from that, I was planning to make white chocolate [banana] cupcakes. How would I be able to finish all that in two hours – plus cleaning up and taking a shower. I know, it doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare all three, but I don’t like doing things in a hurry – that’s a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I should know.

Anyhoo, I am thankful I was able to finish everything without being late for work. Yes!
 
The white chocolate banana cupcakes turned out great, if not for a little hitch: I forgot to add the egg. By the time I realized, it was too late. My gut was telling me it’s okay. I’ve seen a few recipes that didn’t call for eggs. Maybe it would work.



white chocolate banana cupcake.

And it did! It just needed a longer time to cool, but they’re yummy nonetheless. And easy – one bowl is all you need. Or maybe two plus a sauce pan – no mixer needed! :)


I got the recipe for white chocolate cupcake from Cake on the Brain, but I adjusted some stuff. So here’s my version – with bananas!


150420112610

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
about 60g white chocolate
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
2-3 bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
  • Preheat oven to 175C. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
  • In a bowl, stir together flour and baking soda.
  • In another bowl, mix sugars. Set aside.
  • Melt milk, white chocolate, and butter in a sauce pan over low fire. Once the butter and white chocolate have melted, stir in sugars, bananas, and vanilla.
  • Whisk carefully until everything is incorporated. Don’t overmix.
  • Scoop batter into muffin tins until 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake at 175C (mine was at 125C) for 18-20 minutes.
  • You would notice that the bottom of the cupcakes are a bit light after coming out of the oven. Don’t fret, it would all come together after cooling for 30 minutes to an hour.
  • You can frost the cupcakes with white chocolate ganache or any frosting you prefer. I didn’t have enough time to frost, so they’re plain – but still very delish. ;)
160420112615

It doesn’t taste like a white chocolate cupcake, there’s just a very, very light hint of the chocolate flavor, which I think is good cos it’s not very overwhelming to the palate.



Eggless White Chocolate Banana Cake


No comments:

Post a Comment