27.4.11

apple cupcakes.

Just before leaving work yesterday morning, I was feeling the itch to bake… Again. This happens almost daily, even though I’ve set a limit on myself that I can only bake on an every-other-day basis. But then baking is just so addicting that I can’t stop myself sometimes.

Today was one of those times. I just can’t stop. After settling the “to bake or not to bake today” question, I still have yet another question to answer: What do I bake? For me, this question is harder than the first one. I am always tempted to bake with chocolate, I’m a self-confessed chocolate lover bordering on addiction, what can I say.

I had some recipes bookmarked yesterday – chocolate crinkles, “Can’t Leave Alone” bars, chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes, to name a few. Right. They’re all chocolate. Yeah, I am so predictable that way.

I decided to take another route. Nothing chocolate, but still the same heavenly goodness in a cup.

Yes, it’s still a cupcake. I confess, that’s another one of my growing list of so-called addictions.

So what had I decided on?

260420112674

Apple cupcakes!

For my 100th post, I baked apple cupcakes for my blog! LOL.

I tried this out about two weeks ago, but I wasn’t able to post it here. I am not a fan of apple pie, but I loved how this turned out. This is even more delish with caramel glaze, which I no longer had the time to make. Haha.

I got this recipe from Ming Makes Cupcakes, a very nice yet straightforward and minimalist blog.

Apple Cinnamon Cupcake
Adapted from Ming Makes Cupcakes
Yields 10-12 cupcakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup canola oil
2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced

Preheat oven to 175C. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.

In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar and egg. Once incorporated, add in oil, and whisk until incorporated.

Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and whisk carefully until smooth. The batter is very thick, but don't worry, it's meant to be that way. Fold in apples until evenly distributed.

Using an ice cream scooper, scoop batter into each muffin tin. Pat the batter with a spatula to smooth it out.

Bake at 175C for 15 to 18 minutes, or until tester comes out clean and cupcake tops are nicely browned.

260420112683 


Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment