22.4.11

macaroons.

Macaroons is synonymous to childhood summers spent in Malaybalay in my Lolo’s or Tito’s home. My Tita always made delicious macaroons, so much that I always went back for seconds, thirds, fourths, and more. Haha. I have not visited them in years and whenever I had the craving for this sweet coconut treat, I always rely on Goldilocks Bakeshop to satisfy the need. But Goldilocks’ macaroons don’t measure up to my childhood memory of macaroons, theirs was a bit hard and not moist. So, what to do to cure this craving?

Of course, make my own!

I got the recipe from Miss Connie’s site, but I tweaked the measurement a bit. I still used desiccated coconut, but the one with very tiny flakes that I had to scale the other ingredients in half. I’ve made this around six times, and on the third attempt, it was just perfect. :)

macaroons01
moist and golden brown.


You’ll need:

200g desiccated coconut, try to use the ones with smaller/tiny coconut flakes
1/2 of a regular condensed milk can, add more if the batter seems dry
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
1 1/2 tbsp butter, softened
muffin cups, I used 3/4 oz cups

Mix all ingredients in a big bowl until incorporated.

Using an ice cream scoop or 2 teaspoons, scoop batter into muffin cups. You can also use a small tart tin as a molder, but make sure to line them with muffin papers for easy removal.

Bake at a 175C pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden.

I made around 32 macaroons, but that depends on how big you prefer them to be. I used a medium/2oz ice cream scooper.

macaroons04who can resist something as yummy as this? definitely not me!


I swear I can finish a dozen (or more!) in one sitting!







Coconut Macaroons "Mini Cupcake"



2 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vincent: Why, thank you! :)

    I will gladly add up my blog to your site!

    ReplyDelete