26.5.11

cinnamon penuche frosting.

I made Oreo-Graham Marshmallow Cupcakes last weekend. I wasn’t in the mood to make Rich Chocolate Frosting so I decided to experiment. As always.

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to make white frosting, but decided against it. I’m not too good with egg whites. Heh. I decided to make cinnamon penuche frosting instead. I saw it in one of Cupcake Project’s recipes, and I have been intrigued since.

DSCF1216

Here’s the recipe:

Cinnamon Penuche Frosting
Adapted from Cupcake Project 
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar

In a saucepan, melt butter.  Add the brown sugar. Bring to a boil and lower heat to medium low and continue to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the milk and cinnamon and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cool to lukewarm.

Once cool, gradually add sifted confectioners' sugar. Beat until thick enough to spread. If too thick, add a little hot water.

I used this to frost my Oreo-Graham Marshmallow Cupcakes and topped with a single colored marshmallow.

DSCF1213

Notes:

  • It was a tad too sweet for the cupcakes, maybe next time I should lessen the sugars. Methinks this is also good for filling sugar cookies and frosting vanilla cupcakes. Hmmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment