30.11.10

white chocolate marble brownies.


Writing inspiration has escaped me for almost a week now.

But that doesn't mean that the baking project has stopped, too.

In the past few days I have perfected the cheese cupcake, (suuuper) chocolate chip cookie, banana cupcake, and my favorite so far - white chocolate marble brownies.

I'm not fond of eating whatever food or pastry that comes out of my own kitchen, but for once I couldn't stop munching on these white chocolate goodness.

I got the recipe from Yummy's Bake, Give, Sell! cookbook - I just halved the ingredients for the test run. It turned out well, though. So well that one of my officemates ordered a box. :)

Here's the recipe - with my "revisions":


1/4 of a 500g block bittersweet chocolate block
1/2c butter
8 eggs
2c sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2c bread flour or all-purpose flour
1/2 of a 500g  white chocolate block, chopped into small chunks


Melt chocolate and butter together in a double boiler.


Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Cool to room temperature.


Slightly beat eggs then mix into the melted butter and chocolate mixture.


Add in the sugar and vanilla. Fold in the flour. Set aside.


Grease and flour a rectangular baking pan (I used a 10x6 pan). Line pan with parchment paper.


Pour half of the brownie batter into the pan. Spread evenly.


Top the brownie batter with half of the white chocolate chunks.


Spread the remaining brownie batter over the white chocolate chunks.  


Top the brownie batter with the rest of the white chocolate chunks.


Bake at 325ºF for about 35 to 45 minutes. Cool in oven for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack.


It's best to chill the brownie before cutting into squares.


It yielded 40-48 1-inch squares.


*** Its original name is Black and White Rich Brownies; but I decided to rename it to White Chocolate Marble Brownies. Wala lang, feel ko lang. :D

-----



The verdict? Yummmmmy. :)



* Updated photos: 26 March 2011






No comments:

Post a Comment