4.12.10

cheese cupcakes.

Sometime ago, I was debating on whether to bake cheese cupcakes or tres leches cupcakes for dessert. (I was supposed to post this last month, but I forgot that I left it in my drafts folder. Haha.)

I decided to do the former - less work for me. Hehe.

I got the recipe from Kusina ni Manang and I'm glad I tried it out cos it was so easy. And the cupcakes turned out close-to-perfect. :)

Here's the recipe:

1 bar (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar 
4 eggs
2 cans (14 oz each) sweetened condensed milk
3-2/3 cups all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
cheddar cheese, finely grated, for topping


Line 2 muffin pans with paper cups.


Preheat oven to 350 ° F


Mix flour and baking powder well in a bowl.


Cream butter and sugar together on medium speed. Turn speed to slow and add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually increase speed to medium and beat well. (Since I didn't have a mixer, I manually creamed the butter and sugar using a fork. I guess it would've turned out nicer had I used a real mixer. Hmm.)


Turn speed to slow and slowly add the condensed milk. Beat well on medium speed for about a minute.


Turn to slow again and add the dry ingredients. Increase speed to medium and add oil. Beat well for about another minute. Add vanilla and beat to blend.


Fold in grated cheese for that additional cheesy goodness. (This wasn't part of the original recipe, I just decided to mix the cheese in. Hehe, cheese fan here.)


Transfer batter to a piping bag and pipe into the muffin cups, leaving about 1/4 inch space at the top. (I normally use an ice cream scooper to transfer cupcake/muffin batter to muffin cups.)


Top with grated cheese.


Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the pans for even baking. (If you want, you may add some more cheese at this point).Bake for another 10 minutes. Enjoy with maple syrup or condensed milk if desired.


Transfer to cooling rack and completely cool before storing in ziploc bags those that you will not be able to consume right away.

I halved the recipe cos I wasn't sure it would come out perfect. I made around 10-15 mini-cupcakes. I normally use baking cups with 2in bases so that the cupcakes would be in bite-size sizes.

that's the cupcake with some brownies and oatmeal cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment