26.12.10

Christmas.

I wasn't able to spend Christmas with my family cos my schedule at work wasn't confirmed until about two weeks ago. And since it's the holidays, airplane tickets are just ridiculously expensive.

I figured that since I didn't have work on Christmas eve and the day itself, I could might as well celebrate it by whipping up something special. My friend from college was spending the holiday alone as well, so I invited her over..

Here are snippets of what I prepared over the past few days:


 

Roasted  Pork Loin with Rosemary and Thyme



 I wanted to bake something, but I was too tired... Ended up with fruit salad for dessert.

And Tanduay Ice, which I didn't even finish.




I had this for lunch today. I was so tired, and I no longer have enough time to prepare cos I was really hungry. I decided to bring out the pork ribs which was originally part of the whole roasted pork package. I just asked the butcher to remove the ribs and the skin, so I had extra in the freezer. Hehe. These were cooked pretty much the same way as the roasted pork. I just experimented with the sauce. Sauteed Worcestershire sauce with a bit of garlic, ginger, chili, and  brown sugar.

There you have it. I'm pretty stuffed despite spending the holidays all by myself.

Still a lovely Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment