16.12.10

my final wish list :)

Over the past few weeks, I have posted a couple of entries regarding my birthday-slash-Christmas wishlist.

I have been agonizing for weeks on what I really wanted to get for this year's Kris Kringle at work. So last night, I have come up with a more realistic list. Hahaha.

So, for the sake of those who want to give me presents, here's my wish list for 2010 (but could also go until 2011 -- until the last of the items are ticked off. LOL.)

Sorted according to importance and preference. :)


Hand Mixer. At this point in my baking career err escapade, I can say that I am really serious about it. And good baking tools and equipment is a must if I want to make a really good dessert, cake, cookie, etc.


I am not very choosy with the brand. I know I cannot afford a CuisinArt  yet, but, maybe in time -- if I'll be successful. For now, I can settle with something like any of these from Hanabishi --









A REAL Cookbook. I don't have any real cookbooks except for those I got from Good Housekeeping and Yummy. They're cookbooks, yes, but I also want to have at least one real cookbook written by a culinary professional. My Grand Ma and my Dad own a couple, if not a lot and you can see from its appearance that they have really served their purpose -- not just as a bling. Hehe. My dad's cookbooks are all smothered with some kitchen ingredient, has earmarks here and there to remind him of something, papers with new recipes he had seen in cooking shows, and of course, full of almost illegible handwriting that serve as his reminders.

I want something like that, too. My Mom has inherited my Grand Ma's cookbooks and I know that someday, I'll inherit them too. She has one of the older versions of The Joy of Cooking and other essential cookbooks. She also has a couple of planners (you know the old school kind given away by insurance companies?) filled with recipes she has either come up with or has seen somewhere.

I have a lot of recipes printed out or written in one too many notebooks. My fridge door and sides are plastered with a lot of scratch papers with recipes scribbled in them.

I know that with the birth of the Internet, anything is within our reach. I get most of my recipes online, hence the print outs and scratch papers, but having a cookbook and getting recipes from them is still different.

There must be a reason why Ina Garten, Mario Batali, Bobby Flay, Giada deLaurentis, Rachael Ray, Martha Stewart, Jamie Oliver, Anthony Bourdain, and all the other chefs out there still publish cookbooks, right?

One reason? So that I could buy them! LOL.

Anyway, enough of my ranting.

Here are a few of my top picks:















I know, I know. It's quite a lot, isn't it. If I'd buy that, it'd probably cost me more than Php 20,000.00 hahaha. Good luck to me.

These are the only things I listed on my wish list at the office. I still have a few things in mind, though.

I am thinking of ticking the camera and cellphone off the list... It's not just the right time for me to do the purchase although I really really wanna get one soon. It's really not out of luxury, more out of necessity.

While my phone is still okay, I know it's about to give up anytime soon. It's just so slow nowadays and the camera's lens cover (not the one that opens and closes but the plastic that covers it) has gone blurry. I can just replace the housing... But I think it's past its lifetime anyway.  I can do away with the camera for now, as long as I get a phone that takes good pictures. :)

Next on my list would be accessories. Any kind of fashion accessories. Period. Hehe.

And shoes from Aldo, Nine West, or Michael Antonio!

Lastly, a nice (casual chic) dress would be a lovely addition to my closet.

That's all for now... 

I guess.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment