6.6.11

cupcake project | 1: Eoshie’s Christening

Last week, I agreed to make 30 cupcakes for my friend Iya, for her baby Eoshie's baptism. The cupcakes were due last Saturday, and as much as I want to say it went on without a hitch.. Well, NOT.

DSCF1908

I had problems with the Swiss Meringue Buttercream that I wanted to use for the frosting, good thing chilling it in the fridge for 12 hours did the trick. I thought I had it going but then, the frosting I made (which was around 3-4 cups’ worth) was not enough to frost all cupcakes! I had to make a quick frosting, good thing my go-to Rich Chocolate Frosting did its job well.

DSCF1907

DSCF1909

Taking on the challenge was a sure fun thing to do and it made me push myself further. I finally conquered my fear of frosting, and I can only be happier. I realized it wasn’t such a hard thing to do, and my, the wonders a piped frosting can do!

DSCF1910
Boxed and ready to go.

DSCF1911
The whole setup.

This goes without saying, I’d love to this again! :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodie! Your swiss buttercream turned out way (make that way way) better than mine... mine doesn't even look like buttercream, I'm too nervous to try it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, I guess I was just lucky that day. It almost didn't work. Buti nalang I had one night free to chill it in the freezer. I think that was the trick. If it gets soupy/runny, freeze it for about 15 minutes (make sure it's covered in plastic wrap) then beat until it's smooth. I had to do this twice, thank God it worked!

    If you don't want to try it again, you can try Mousseline Buttercream instead. I heard/read it's better than SMBC. :D

    ReplyDelete