11.6.11

photo project | 12: of dreams and planners.

It was December 2005 when I got my very first Starbucks planner. I got it a few days after my birthday. It wasn’t hard getting the planner as my friends and I used to hang out in Starbucks Katipunan every single day. Yes, no fail. I think our love affair with Starbucks started when we were in second year and it just became a daily habit. Coffee wasn’t too expensive then, you can get a venti for Php 120.00. Not bad. It fits our measly student allowance.

My first planner was full of pictures, Post-it notes, quotes, trivial text messages, Grey’s Anatomy lines, and all. It was rarely used to “plan my future.” It more of became my day-to-day journal.

Over the years I’ve amassed planners after planners. I outgrew the “need” to join the bandwagon in completing stickers for that elusive Starbucks planner. I stopped hanging out at Starbucks. I am no longer a caffeine and nicotine addict. A lot of things changed.

In 2009, I bought my very first Belle du Jour planner in preparation for 2010. Guess what? I never used it. Last year, I tried to resurrect my planner-crazy self and got my self the “Relaks, Puso Lang Yan, Malayo Sa Bituka” Planner. It’s the brainchild of one of my dorm-mates in college. It was cute and witty.

DSCF1920

And well, although I have not filled the pages with photos, notes, stickers, quotes, I’ve started using it to “plan” my days. See below. Most of the pages have notes of what I need to bake for the week, orders I need to complete, and things I have to do.

Maybe this is what growing up should be. I hope this is a picture of me trying to be more responsible.

DSCF1922

And I hope this is a forecast of how my 2011 and the years moving forward would be – a slow and steady flow of dessert dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment